domingo, 15 de septiembre de 2013

Day 3

On our last day for Fashion and Textiles, our final task was to create a paper garment choosing one of our designs.

Using all the work done previously we had to create our final piece which would reflect all of our work done so far.

I chose as my final garment a skirt in which I combined fruits as a pattern, very organic colours, and architectural structures. During the process of creation, I made several changes to the initial design. I found out than when creating it, more ideas came to my mind, being able to make the basic structure in 3D and trying different adornment options influenced positively on my final outcome. The final piece was richer and had more unity than the design made in my sketchbook, which was more dull and simple.

What has surprised me most from this activity is how things change throughout a process. As mentioned before, my design changed when I was creating it in 3D. This made me realize that my eye is more likely to vision something if I’m working o an actual 3D object, rather than drawing (working on a 2D media).


















When the garment was finished, our next task was too photograph a colleague wearing it and modelling around ravensbourne’s building. The images had to relate to fashion photography. The most challenging thing was the restriction of set. Only being able to photograph inside the university building did not give many options of choosing sets,
this was the greatest difficulty for me, as I felt I could not photograph where I wanted. I overcame this problem by studying the different angles I could photograph the model, rather than focusing on where to take the pictures.













No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario