jueves, 12 de septiembre de 2013

Day 2

Using the structures, patterns and textures created during the previous day, we were asked to create collages on top on magazine images of models.

The activity given was quite challenging for me, as I had never worked before using an image from a magazine as a model to create collages of garments, or images that could relate to fashion illustration. The difficulties I had were dealing with the image, and then constructing and creating something new around it.

However, I had the samples created the day before, which gave me more or less an idea on how I wanted to create the collages. All the colours where very organic and I had in mind the patterns of fruits.

As I started creating the collages, I realized I did not have to strictly stick with the body of the model and create a garment form there, I could create something more abstract that could be placed outside the centre of the image and could still be targeted as a fashion collage or a fashion illustration.


















One the collages were finished, the next task was to start drawing in our sketchbooks possible designs for the paper garment we would have to create the following day. This task came to me as something more natural and easy than the collage. Having worked for three years in a fashion design company, designing garments was not a challenge, although this time I would have to recreate the chosen piece in paper.

To create the designs, I used the first day samples and the collages to build up some sort of a mood board in my mind (colours, shapes, textures, patterns...). From there I designed several pieces in which I used the papers I had been using for the previous tasks to get a better idea on how the final garment would look like. I was not quite happy with my results, as I believe that they could have been more diverse and not only centred in one style.






2 comentarios:

  1. I really like the way you have used photography to allow us to see the different steps in your collages as it allows the viewer to see your development. I also really like the images you chose for the collages as they are really strong and interesting images. The use of fruit imagery in your collages and also in the designs for your garment works really nicely as it proves your collages have been an inspiration in your designs.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Your collages here are really bold and appealing because of the dominant colours used here I like the contrasting colours you have applied to the collages here as they make the design visually exciting for the viewers. One aspect of your working which I really like is the layering of the different shapes of coloured card. This makes for an effective collage if I could advise anything I would perhaps try working more in 3D because your 3D rotation work is very effective.

    ResponderEliminar